Friday, May 11, 2012

The Last Flower In the Flower Bed


It's been 5 years without my friends and family by my side. One by one each would be snipped right at their foot every year, leaving me the last lonely flower in the flower bed. I can't understand why they are taken away from me! Is it because I bloom later than the others in the spring and my punishment is to be lonely? Could it be that they're being taken to somewhere special and I'm not worthy enough, or maybe because I'm more beautiful than all the others and my owners wanted me to stand out? I don't know what my owners are up to, but I sure hope I'm not going to get snipped at my feet. As I start to think about being lonely with all of the space in the world, I begin to enjoy being alone. There's no complaining from my sister about how beautiful she is and how much more beautiful she is than me, her little sister, and no more loud opera singing from my brother. Don't get me wrong he's extremely talented but from hearing him sing and sing and sing all day long, it starts to pierce your ears. After 5 years of dreading being alone for the rest of my life, I realize that it's not so bad being alone and within another year I'll have a whole new patch of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment